Executing SQL Script

From
Jamie Deppeler
Date:
This is a simple question what is the best way to execute a SQL script,
this script will create schemas and tables for a database i created.

Re: Executing SQL Script

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Jamie Deppeler wrote:
> This is a simple question what is the best way to execute a SQL script,
> this script will create schemas and tables for a database i created.

psql -f my_script_file -U username mydbname
or
psql -U username mydbname < my_script_file

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Executing SQL Script

From
Sean Davis
Date:
On Jun 15, 2005, at 9:47 PM, Jamie Deppeler wrote:

> This is a simple question what is the best way to execute a SQL
> script, this script will create schemas and tables for a database i
> created.

Nearly all clients or interfaces provide a means to execute arbitrary
SQL.  You can do so in PgAdminIII, for example.  For an out-of-the-box
solution, you can use psql -f.  See documentation here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/app-psql.html

Sean