Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF)

From
Hrishikesh Deshmukh
Date:
Hi All,

If someone can email Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF). It will be a big
help. I am unable to get pdf docs for this version on debian system.
Please help.

Thanks,
Hrishi

Re: Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF)

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> If someone can email Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF). It will be a big
> help. I am unable to get pdf docs for this version on debian system.
> Please help.

Available from here:
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/

See the links on the right-hand-side of the page.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF)

From
Hrishikesh Deshmukh
Date:
What they have is for version 7.2 and i want for 7.4.7 only, i have
tried to follow instructions on how to make the pdf/ps version and all
i get is errors. If someone already has a pdf/ps and can email it,
will be a big help.

Thanks,
Hrishi

On 5/19/05, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
> Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > If someone can email Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF). It will be a big
> > help. I am unable to get pdf docs for this version on debian system.
> > Please help.
>
> Available from here:
>    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/
>
> See the links on the right-hand-side of the page.
>
> --
>    Richard Huxton
>    Archonet Ltd

Re: Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF)

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:
> What they have is for version 7.2 and i want for 7.4.7 only, i have
> tried to follow instructions on how to make the pdf/ps version and all
> i get is errors. If someone already has a pdf/ps and can email it,
> will be a big help.

Apparently, it is tricky to produce them. I'm not sure there are many
changes between the 7.4.2 and 7.4.7 manuals though.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF)

From
stig erikson
Date:
Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:
> What they have is for version 7.2 and i want for 7.4.7 only, i have
> tried to follow instructions on how to make the pdf/ps version and all
> i get is errors. If someone already has a pdf/ps and can email it,
> will be a big help.
>
> Thanks,
> Hrishi
>
> On 5/19/05, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
>
>>Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>If someone can email Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF). It will be a big
>>>help. I am unable to get pdf docs for this version on debian system.
>>>Please help.
>>
>>Available from here:
>>   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/
>>
>>See the links on the right-hand-side of the page.
>>
>>--
>>   Richard Huxton
>>   Archonet Ltd

whats the problem?
7.4 documentation in pdf is there:

http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/7.4/postgresql-7.4.2-A4.pdf
http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/7.4/postgresql-7.4.2-US.pdf

changelog (release notes):
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/release.html

Re: Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF)

From
Scott Marlowe
Date:
They have the comprehensive manual in US and A4 format, on the right
hand side.  Is that what you want?

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 14:44, Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:
> What they have is for version 7.2 and i want for 7.4.7 only, i have
> tried to follow instructions on how to make the pdf/ps version and all
> i get is errors. If someone already has a pdf/ps and can email it,
> will be a big help.
>
> Thanks,
> Hrishi
>
> On 5/19/05, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
> > Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > If someone can email Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF). It will be a big
> > > help. I am unable to get pdf docs for this version on debian system.
> > > Please help.
> >
> > Available from here:
> >    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/
> >
> > See the links on the right-hand-side of the page.
> >
> > --
> >    Richard Huxton
> >    Archonet Ltd

Re: Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF)

From
Stephane Bortzmeyer
Date:
On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 10:38:27AM -0400,
 Hrishikesh Deshmukh <hdeshmuk@gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 12 lines which said:

> If someone can email Postgresql 7.4.7 docs(PDF). It will be a big
> help. I am unable to get pdf docs for this version on debian system.

Beginner in Debian system administration?

apt-get install pgdocs-pdf

I copy you the description of the Debian package:

~ % apt-cache show pgdocs-pdf
Package: pgdocs-pdf
Section: doc
Installed-Size: 9416
Maintainer: Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>
Architecture: all
Source: pgdocs
Version: 7.4-1
Provides: pgdocs
Suggests: postgresql-doc
Conflicts: pgdocs-ps (<< 7.2), pgdocs-ps-a4 (<< 7.2)
Filename: pool/main/p/pgdocs/pgdocs-pdf_7.4-1_all.deb
Size: 4158912
MD5sum: 031f0ddbb487f57647c65f5033e2e667
 PostgreSQL documentation in PDF format formatted for US letter paper size

apt-cache search is very useful when you do not know the exact name of
a Debian package. Here, "apt-cache search postgresql doc pdf" worked.