Fatal error

From
mmiranda@americatel.com.sv
Date:
Hi , my server crashed this morning, aparently by a power failure, postgres
refeses to start, this is the boot log

LOG:  database system was interrupted being in recovery at 2005-04-29
14:10:43 CST
        This probably means that some data blocks are corrupted
        and you will have to use the last backup for recovery.
LOG:  checkpoint record is at F1/A0A4E05C
LOG:  redo record is at F1/A0A4E05C; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 98967076; next oid: 151578857
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at F1/A0A4E09C
PANIC:  Invalid page header in block 68122 of 17006
LOG:  startup process (pid 1959) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

What can i do to repair the DB, only dump/restore?, i hav  tried that, but
the dump file is 14G and linux redhat 7.3 complains with file too large.
suggestions?

thanks

Re: Fatal error

> PANIC:  Invalid page header in block 68122 of 17006
> LOG:  startup process (pid 1959) was terminated by signal 6
> LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

Which PG version is this exactly?  If it's not the very latest in its
release series, an in-place update to the latest might help --- because
this looks like several known-and-fixed issues ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Fatal error

From
mmiranda@americatel.com.sv
Tom Lane wrote:
> mmiranda@americatel.com.sv writes:
>> LOG:  redo starts at F1/A0A4E09C
>> PANIC:  Invalid page header in block 68122 of 17006
>> LOG:  startup process (pid 1959) was terminated by signal 6
>> LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
>
> Which PG version is this exactly?  If it's not the very latest in its
> release series, an in-place update to the latest might help ---
> because this looks like several known-and-fixed issues ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Postgres 7.3, i will try the upgrade tonigth,
thanks

Re: Fatal error

From
Alvaro Herrera