Data Mart with PostgreSQL (Please!)

From
Renato Cramer
Date:
> Hello,
>
> My objective is design and build a Data Mart what enable OLAP queries
> using Open Source tools.
>
> I will want know if the solution below is possible and correct or exist a
> better solution:
>
> 1 - The data will be generate to PostgreSQL from a commercial Database by
> a ETL process.
>
> 2 - The Mondrian will be used as the OLAP server.
>
> 3 - The JPivot will be used for OLAP navigations and queries.
>
> I need know opinions about this approach. I'm don't very experienced in
> this issue.
>
> I thank in advance any suggestions, criticisms and opinions.
>
> Regards,
>
> Renato Cramer.

Re: Data Mart with PostgreSQL (Please!)

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Renato Cramer wrote:
>>My objective is design and build a Data Mart what enable OLAP queries
>>using Open Source tools.
>>
>>I will want know if the solution below is possible and correct or exist a
>>better solution:
>>
>>1 - The data will be generate to PostgreSQL from a commercial Database by
>>a ETL process.
>>2 - The Mondrian will be used as the OLAP server.
>>3 - The JPivot will be used for OLAP navigations and queries.
>>
>>I need know opinions about this approach. I'm don't very experienced in
>>this issue.

Assuming this is all java-based, then you should be able to run it on
top of PostgreSQL.
For real information though, you might be better off checking the
Mondrian/JPivot lists. You will probably get more useful answers if you
give specific examples of what you want to accomplish and what hardware
etc. is available.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd