8.0.2beta1 RPMs

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: 8.0.2beta1 RPMs

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: 8.0.2beta1 RPMs

From
Robin Ericsson
Date:
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> PostgreSQL RPM Building Project[1] has built RPMs for 8.0.2beta1. RPMs
> for Red Hat Linux 9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Enterprise Server 3.0,
> Fedora Cor 1,2,3 are now available, and more to come later.

Are the Fedora Core packages compatible with packages from Fedora Core
itself? I.e, files will be at the same places if I upgrade from FC packages?

regards,
    Robin

--
Robin Ericsson
http://robin.vill.ha.kuddkrig.nu/

Re: 8.0.2beta1 RPMs

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 18:40:56 +0200,
  Robin Ericsson <lobbin@localhost.nu> wrote:
> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> >PostgreSQL RPM Building Project[1] has built RPMs for 8.0.2beta1. RPMs
> >for Red Hat Linux 9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Enterprise Server 3.0,
> >Fedora Cor 1,2,3 are now available, and more to come later.
>
> Are the Fedora Core packages compatible with packages from Fedora Core
> itself? I.e, files will be at the same places if I upgrade from FC packages?

As far as I have seen, FC only has 7.4 and you need to do a dump and restore
to go from 7.4 to 8.0.