dblinks?

From
Mark Greenbank
Date:
Hi,

I'm interested in deploying PostgreSQL in a production application but
I'd like to know if the following features are available:
- dblinks
- partition tables

If they are not, are they planned for a (near) future release?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: dblinks?

From
"Guy Rouillier"
Date:
Mark Greenbank wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in deploying PostgreSQL in a production application
> but I'd like to know if the following features are available:
> - dblinks

Yes, see the dblink contrib module.

> - partition tables

Not declaratively.  This topic is discussed very frequently; search the
archives for an extended discussion earlier this month under the subject
"Partitioning."  Currently with PG, you can have "roll your own"
partitioning, and inherited tables help with this.

--
Guy Rouillier