8.0.1 in a non-standard location and tsearch2

From
Ben
Date:
I'm trying to install tsearch2 into an empty database on a new 8.0.1
postgres install. The machine already has an older 7.4 install of
postgres on it, so I gave configure a --prefix=/usr/local/pg801 option.
Postgres installed and started fine (after changing the port), and I
was able to create my new empty database without issues.

Now comes the part where I fail to install tsearch2. I go to the
contrib/tsearch2 directory, run make and make install without issues.
make installcheck tries to connect to the older postgres install (I
don't see an option to set the port it attempts to use), so I try to
pipe tsearch2.sql into the new database. It starts working fine, and
then says:

ERROR:  could not find function "tsvector_cmp" in file
"/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so"

.... which is interesting, because it's not trying to use
/usr/local/pg801/ like it's supposed to.

Thoughts?

Re: 8.0.1 in a non-standard location and tsearch2

Date:
Ben <bench@silentmedia.com> writes:
> make installcheck tries to connect to the older postgres install (I
> don't see an option to set the port it attempts to use),

Set PGPORT, eg
    export PGPORT=7777

            regards, tom lane

Re: 8.0.1 in a non-standard location and tsearch2

From
Ben
Date:
Nifty.

On Mar 24, 2005, at 7:34 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Ben <bench@silentmedia.com> writes:
>> make installcheck tries to connect to the older postgres install (I
>> don't see an option to set the port it attempts to use),
>
> Set PGPORT, eg
>     export PGPORT=7777
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: 8.0.1 in a non-standard location and tsearch2

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Did you try 'make clean' first ?

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Ben wrote:

> I'm trying to install tsearch2 into an empty database on a new 8.0.1 postgres
> install. The machine already has an older 7.4 install of postgres on it, so I
> gave configure a --prefix=/usr/local/pg801 option. Postgres installed and
> started fine (after changing the port), and I was able to create my new empty
> database without issues.
>
> Now comes the part where I fail to install tsearch2. I go to the
> contrib/tsearch2 directory, run make and make install without issues. make
> installcheck tries to connect to the older postgres install (I don't see an
> option to set the port it attempts to use), so I try to pipe tsearch2.sql
> into the new database. It starts working fine, and then says:
>
> ERROR:  could not find function "tsvector_cmp" in file
> "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so"
>

> .... which is interesting, because it's not trying to use /usr/local/pg801/
> like it's supposed to.
>

> Thoughts?

>              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: 8.0.1 in a non-standard location and tsearch2

From
Ben
Date:
I tried it in the tsearch2 directory, not the postgres src directory.

On Mar 24, 2005, at 9:35 PM, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> Did you try 'make clean' first ?
>
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Ben wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to install tsearch2 into an empty database on a new 8.0.1
>> postgres install. The machine already has an older 7.4 install of
>> postgres on it, so I gave configure a --prefix=/usr/local/pg801
>> option. Postgres installed and started fine (after changing the
>> port), and I was able to create my new empty database without issues.
>>
>> Now comes the part where I fail to install tsearch2. I go to the
>> contrib/tsearch2 directory, run make and make install without issues.
>> make installcheck tries to connect to the older postgres install (I
>> don't see an option to set the port it attempts to use), so I try to
>> pipe tsearch2.sql into the new database. It starts working fine, and
>> then says:
>>
>> ERROR:  could not find function "tsvector_cmp" in file
>> "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so"
>>

>> .... which is interesting, because it's not trying to use
>> /usr/local/pg801/ like it's supposed to.
>>

>> Thoughts?
>>

>> ---------------------------(end of
>> broadcast)---------------------------
>> TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>>
>>              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
>>

>     Regards,
>         Oleg

Re: 8.0.1 in a non-standard location and tsearch2

From
Ben
Date:
Yes, I did.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> Did you try 'make clean' first ?
>
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Ben wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install tsearch2 into an empty database on a new 8.0.1 postgres
> > install. The machine already has an older 7.4 install of postgres on it, so I
> > gave configure a --prefix=/usr/local/pg801 option. Postgres installed and
> > started fine (after changing the port), and I was able to create my new empty
> > database without issues.
> >
> > Now comes the part where I fail to install tsearch2. I go to the
> > contrib/tsearch2 directory, run make and make install without issues. make
> > installcheck tries to connect to the older postgres install (I don't see an
> > option to set the port it attempts to use), so I try to pipe tsearch2.sql
> > into the new database. It starts working fine, and then says:
> >
> > ERROR:  could not find function "tsvector_cmp" in file
> > "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so"
> >

> > .... which is interesting, because it's not trying to use /usr/local/pg801/
> > like it's supposed to.
> >

> > Thoughts?

> >              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
> >

>      Regards,
>          Oleg

Re: 8.0.1 in a non-standard location and tsearch2

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Did you resolve your problem ?

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Ben wrote:

> Yes, I did.
>
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>
>> Did you try 'make clean' first ?
>>
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Ben wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to install tsearch2 into an empty database on a new 8.0.1 postgres
>>> install. The machine already has an older 7.4 install of postgres on it, so I
>>> gave configure a --prefix=/usr/local/pg801 option. Postgres installed and
>>> started fine (after changing the port), and I was able to create my new empty
>>> database without issues.
>>>
>>> Now comes the part where I fail to install tsearch2. I go to the
>>> contrib/tsearch2 directory, run make and make install without issues. make
>>> installcheck tries to connect to the older postgres install (I don't see an
>>> option to set the port it attempts to use), so I try to pipe tsearch2.sql
>>> into the new database. It starts working fine, and then says:
>>>
>>> ERROR:  could not find function "tsvector_cmp" in file
>>> "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/tsearch2.so"
>>>

>>> .... which is interesting, because it's not trying to use /usr/local/pg801/
>>> like it's supposed to.
>>>

>>> Thoughts?
>>>

>>> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
>>> TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>>>
>>>              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
>>>

>>      Regards,
>>          Oleg

         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: 8.0.1 in a non-standard location and tsearch2

From
Ben
Date:
Yes.... by reinstalling to the default location. :)

When I get a chance I'll try this again, but I've been too swamped to give
it a go.

Date:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Ben wrote:

> Yes.... by reinstalling to the default location. :)
>
> When I get a chance I'll try this again, but I've been too swamped to give
> it a go.

I just tried myself to install pgsql into non-standard location and
got no problem.