Command Prompt on Window version

From
Vernon
Date:
Just installed the 8.0 version for Windows. As a Unix
guy, I would like to do things through the command
prompt. I have trouble to bring up it. After bringing
up the "psql to template1" as the same user of the
installation configuration, it disappears right after
I type in the password.

How to bring up the command prompt correctly?  Also,
is a way to bring it up with a different user from the
user in configuration?

Thanks,

Vernon

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Command Prompt on Window version

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> Just installed the 8.0 version for Windows. As a Unix guy, I
> would like to do things through the command prompt. I have
> trouble to bring up it. After bringing up the "psql to
> template1" as the same user of the installation
> configuration, it disappears right after I type in the password.
>
> How to bring up the command prompt correctly?  Also, is a way
> to bring it up with a different user from the user in configuration?

Start->All Progams->Accessories->Command Prompt

Then just do "cd":s into the pgsql directory.

To bring it up as a different user use:
runas /user:<username> cmd.exe

//Magnus