Install error at rpm package + Fedora Core3

From
Edgar Amorim
Date:
Folks,

I'm a kind new bye with linux & related stuffs. I'm trying to install PG on a FC3 using "postgresql-8.0.1-2PGDG.i686.rpm", but after to issue rpm -ivh and the rpm file I've got a message telling it "error: Failed dependencies: libpq.so.3 is need". I take a look at the documentation and it seems the libpq is the PG API, so shouldn't be built at install time? How can I solve that or where should I look for in order to find out an answer?

Thank you so much.

Edgar Amorim
Network Consultant

http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/