GUID data type support

From
Michal Hlavac
Date:
does postgresql supports GUID data type???

I think, that it is slow to use GUID as varchar...

thanks, miso

Re: GUID data type support

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 05:53:52PM +0100, Michal Hlavac wrote:

> does postgresql supports GUID data type???

For the benefit of others, could you explain what this type is and
what you want to use it for?  Are you referring to a "Globally
Unique Identifier"?

> I think, that it is slow to use GUID as varchar...

What is "it" and why do you think that "it" is slow?  What problem
are you trying to solve?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: GUID data type support

From
John DeSoi
Date:
On Mar 17, 2005, at 11:53 AM, Michal Hlavac wrote:

> does postgresql supports GUID data type???

No, not in the core distribution.

There is a GPL project here to add this to PostgreSQL:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pguuid/projdisplay.php

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL