Problems building postgresql 8.0.1 on OS X 10.3.8

From
"beyarecords.com"
Date:
Hi,
I get the following error message when trying to build postgresql:

checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

I have installed XCode which has the gcc compiler. I use the following configure command to start the build process:

./configure --with-perl --with-python --with-tcl --without-tk --with-openssl --without-readline --enable-debug ANT=/library/ant/bin/ant

I have used the above combination before with no problems. What is the issue here and how can I resolve it?

regards

Uzo

Re: Problems building postgresql 8.0.1 on OS X 10.3.8

Date:
"beyarecords.com" <uzo@beyarecords.com> writes:
> I get the following error message when trying to build postgresql:

> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C
> compiler cannot create executables

Hm, it works for me and for other people on OS X.  Look into the
config.log file for more details.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Problems building postgresql 8.0.1 on OS X 10.3.8

From
Scott Ribe
Date:
> Hm, it works for me and for other people on OS X.  Look into the
> config.log file for more details.

Yeah, I built it on 3 different machines running 10.3.8 just yesterday.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@killerbytes.com