PRoblems instalation PostgreeSQL8.0.1 in WindowsXP

From
"trilcejf"
Date:
Hi there.
When i try pass the screen "Initialise database cluster" appear this
message:
"Tee PostgreeSQL data directory must be on an NTFS formatted volume"
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Re: PRoblems instalation PostgreeSQL8.0.1 in WindowsXP

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 11:42:59AM -0500, trilcejf wrote:
> Hi there.
> When i try pass the screen "Initialise database cluster" appear this
> message:
> "Tee PostgreeSQL data directory must be on an NTFS formatted volume"
> Any help on this would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance

It means exactly what it says. Win98 doesn't support NTFS for example.
Read the FAQ for PostgreSQL on Windows for more details...

Re: PRoblems instalation PostgreeSQL8.0.1 in WindowsXP

From
"Guy Rouillier"
trilcejf wrote:
> Hi there.
> When i try pass the screen "Initialise database cluster" appear this
> message:
> "Tee PostgreeSQL data directory must be on an NTFS formatted volume"
> Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

It means exactly what it says: it wants an NTFS logical partition to
install on.  Apparently your XP Home uses a FAT32 partition, probably
because you upgraded from Win9x.  You should have an accessory to
convert to NTFS.

--
Guy Rouillier

Re: PRoblems instalation PostgreeSQL8.0.1 in WindowsXP

From
Miroslav Šulc
trilcejf wrote:

>Hi there.
>When i try pass the screen "Initialise database cluster" appear this
>message:
>"Tee PostgreeSQL data directory must be on an NTFS formatted volume"
>Any help on this would be appreciated.
>Thanks in advance

Console program 'convert' can convert your FAT to NTFS for you.

Miroslav Šulc

Attachment

Re: PRoblems instalation PostgreeSQL8.0.1 in WindowsXP

From
Tope Akinniyi
Date:
Hi,

Please use:

convert X: /FS:NTFS

at the command prompt of your Windows XP. (X is the
drive number where you have your Windows system files,
most likely C)

If it asks for force dismount, pick yes.

Reboot the system and allow the System do the
conversion.  The conversion is usually done at the
early booting stage. The duration of the conversion is
a function of the size of data already on your drive.

After the conversion, Windows will automatically
reboot.

Thereafter, reinstall PostgreSQL and enjoy yourself.

-------
Best regards,

Tope Akinniyi
CEO
ShepherdHill Software
Lagos, Nigeria

Do not forget: Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life.