status of inheritance

From
Joshua N Pritikin
Date:
I designed a schema which would benefit from inheritance (in particular,
an index over more than one table).

However, I read that inheritance is not really implemented yet.  So I
simulated it with extra indexes and extra joins.

Is there any plan / timetable for implementing inheritance (with proper
index support)?

Attachment

Re: status of inheritance

From
Scott Marlowe
Date:
On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 08:41, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> I designed a schema which would benefit from inheritance (in particular,
> an index over more than one table).
>
> However, I read that inheritance is not really implemented yet.  So I
> simulated it with extra indexes and extra joins.
>
> Is there any plan / timetable for implementing inheritance (with proper
> index support)?

As far as I know, no one is working on that.  It's on the TODO list
though:

http://developer.postgresql.org/todo.php