Foreign Key relationship between two databases

From
"Sandeep Gaikwad"
Date:
Hi,
    I am using postgres 7.3.4. I am new to postgres.
    I can give foreign key relationship between two tables of same database. Can I give foreign key relationship
betweentables of two databases ? Plz, let me know if possible & send me how can I do that?

Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this message are confidential and intended to the addressee at the specified e-mail address only. Its
contentsmay not be copied or disclosed to anyone other than the intended recipient. If this e-mail is received in
error,please contact Vertex Software Pvt. Ltd immediately on +91 20 4041500  with details of the sender and addressee
anddelete the e-mail. Vertex Software Pvt. Ltd accepts no responsibility in the event that the onward transmission,
openingor use of this message and/or any attachments adversely affects the recipient's systems or data. It is the
recipient'sresponsibility to carry out such virus and other checks as the recipient considers appropriate.

Re: [SQL] Foreign Key relationship between two databases

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Sandeep Gaikwad wrote:

>     I can give foreign key relationship between two tables of same
> database. Can I give foreign key relationship between tables of two
> databases ? Plz, let me know if possible & send me how can I do that?

Unfortunately, that's not really currently possible.  You might be able to
fake some portion of it with custom triggers using dblink but I don't
think the locking would entirely work.

Re: Foreign Key relationship between two databases

From
Dawid Kuroczko
Date:
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:47:44 +0530, Sandeep Gaikwad
<sgaikwad@vertex.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>         I am using postgres 7.3.4. I am new to postgres.
>         I can give foreign key relationship between two tables of same database. Can I give foreign key relationship
betweentables of two databases ? Plz, let me know if possible & send me how can I do that?

Well... what you can do is replicate such table between two pg databases
using Slony-I and then use foreign key on this replicated table.

  Regards,
       Dawid