Problem with the copy command need help

From
sid tow
Date:
hi,

     I am updating a database using COPY commands. If
the commmand breaks in between updating the database,
is there any way to find the log of the previous
updation or which part or row the loading broke.

Regards
Sid

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Problem with the copy command need help

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 12:53:00AM -0800, sid tow wrote:

>      I am updating a database using COPY commands. If
> the commmand breaks in between updating the database,
> is there any way to find the log of the previous
> updation or which part or row the loading broke.

Are you saying the COPY command is failing?  It should print an
error if it does, giving a hint at which line is causing a problem.
What error, if any, are you seeing?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/