Running a void function in psql

From
Eric Brown
Date:
I run 'psql -f mycreatedb.sql' to setup things for my program.
It has to run a few stored procedures after they're created. However, I
do this by 'SELECT f(...);'. When I do this though, it prints out a
bunch of rubbish like:
------

(1 row)

How do I get rid of this rubbish? I just want to see errors or
NOTICE/INFO strings I intentionally log.

Thanks.

Eric Brown
408-571-6341
www.propel.com

Re: Running a void function in psql

Date:
Eric Brown <eric.brown@propel.com> writes:
> I run 'psql -f mycreatedb.sql' to setup things for my program.
> It has to run a few stored procedures after they're created. However, I
> do this by 'SELECT f(...);'. When I do this though, it prints out a
> bunch of rubbish like:
> ------

> (1 row)

> How do I get rid of this rubbish? I just want to see errors or
> NOTICE/INFO strings I intentionally log.

Something like

    SELECT f(...)
    \g /dev/null

should do it.