views in 8.0

From
"Jason Tesser"
Date:
Can you insert and update data in views in 8.0  I know you cannot in 7.4.   I am asking because I want to make new
structurefor my backend but for legacy apps I need to keep the old sturcture also.  I was hoping to use views to
accomplishthis by making the new structure and give the old apps view with the same name as the old tables.  :-)  I
guessI can also do this by writing alot of rules but that would get messy quick I think.

Re: views in 8.0

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Am Dienstag, 11. Januar 2005 13:43 schrieb Jason Tesser:
> Can you insert and update data in views in 8.0  I know you cannot in 7.4.

Views not updatable in 7.4 or in 8.0.  You need to write your own update
rules.  Nothing has changed in that regard.

--
Peter Eisentraut