function corresponging to over in db2

From
"vinita bansal"
Date:
Hi,

I have a query of the form "select min(tab1.a) over(partition by tab1.b
tab2.a tab1.c) from .....
in db2. What will be the corresponding query for postgres. Does Postgres
have a function which provides the same functionality??

Regards,
Vinita Bansal

Enhance your profile.
http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?74 Inform a prospective
life partner about the real you.

Re: function corresponging to over in db2

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:00:13AM +0000, vinita bansal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a query of the form "select min(tab1.a) over(partition by tab1.b
> tab2.a tab1.c) from .....
> in db2. What will be the corresponding query for postgres. Does Postgres
> have a function which provides the same functionality??

I've never heard of it, perhaps you could explain what it does? Perhaps
input and output example?

Hope this helps,