No mailing list posts

From
Don Isgitt
Date:
Hello,

I have received no posts from GENERAL since yesterday morning; is the
list broken? Thank you.

Don

Re: No mailing list posts

From
Paul Tillotson
Date:
Don Isgitt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have received no posts from GENERAL since yesterday morning; is the
> list broken? Thank you.
>
> Don

Not anymore.  : )

Paul

Re: No mailing list posts

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 08:41:19 -0600,
  Don Isgitt <djisgitt@soundenergy.com> wrote:

> I have received no posts from GENERAL since yesterday morning; is the
> list broken? Thank you.

When you suspect a problem with a list it is generally best not to send
a message to the list asking if it is down or as a test message. Depending
on what is going on these messages may get through to the list and add
noise and are pretty much useless for telling whether or not there is
a problem for a high volume list.

If you want to check whether the problem is with the list or your subscription
you should try looking at the archives (no new archives suggests a list
problem, up to date archives suggests a subscription or email blocking
problem with your address). You can also use the list administration tools
to try to confirm your subscription and make sure the list server can
get messages to you.