Problem Downloading for FreeBSD

From
"Jason C. Wells"
Date:
Every time I try to fetch postgresql-base-7.4.6.bz2 the download fails at
59%.  This happens on many mirrors.  It happens when I use fetch or
mozilla.  The FreeBSD port then fails it's checksum.

Anyone else having this problem?  This is very strange.  I don't know how I
would solve it.

Later,
Jason C. Wells

Re: Problem Downloading for FreeBSD

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 01:10:09PM -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> Every time I try to fetch postgresql-base-7.4.6.bz2 the download fails at
> 59%.  This happens on many mirrors.  It happens when I use fetch or
> mozilla.  The FreeBSD port then fails it's checksum.
>
> Anyone else having this problem?  This is very strange.  I don't know how I
> would solve it.

I just ran "make extract" in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql74-server
and got postgresql-base-7.4.6.tar.bz2 and postgresql-opt-7.4.6.tar.bz2
from ftp3.us.postgresql.org without any problems.

Are your connections going through a proxy or some other device
that might be interfering with your downloads?  Have you tried other
download programs like wget, curl, or (nc)ftp?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Date:
--On Saturday, November 20, 2004 3:07 PM -0700 Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>
wrote:

> I just ran "make extract" in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql74-server
> and got postgresql-base-7.4.6.tar.bz2 and postgresql-opt-7.4.6.tar.bz2
> from ftp3.us.postgresql.org without any problems.
>
> Are your connections going through a proxy or some other device
> that might be interfering with your downloads?  Have you tried other
> download programs like wget, curl, or (nc)ftp?

They go through my firewall.  I can't imagine why the transfer would start,
and then fail.  I just wanted to hear some confirmation that wasn't some
mirror problem.  I'll have to dig deeper on my end.

Thanks!

Jason C. Wells

Re: Problem Downloading for FreeBSD

From
"Scott Marlowe"
Date:
On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 14:10, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> Every time I try to fetch postgresql-base-7.4.6.bz2 the download fails at
> 59%.  This happens on many mirrors.  It happens when I use fetch or
> mozilla.  The FreeBSD port then fails it's checksum.
>
> Anyone else having this problem?  This is very strange.  I don't know how I
> would solve it.

Maybe your hard drive is filling up?

Re: Problem Downloading for FreeBSD

From
"Jason C. Wells"
Date:
--On Saturday, November 20, 2004 7:13 PM -0700 Scott Marlowe
<smarlowe@qwest.net> wrote:

> Maybe your hard drive is filling up?

I had not thought of that.  Thankfully, I don't have to admit to that much
silliness.  I have plenty of space.

Later,
Jason C. Wells