pg8 beta3 Win32: after dropping db directory is not removed

From
Peter Lang
Date:
Hi,

Most (but not all) of the time when I drop a database I receive the
following warning:

WARNING:  could not remove database directory "c:/program
files/PostgreSQL/8.0.0-beta3-dev1/data/base/XXXXX"

Where XXXXX is the directory name of for the database being dropped.  It's
not a really big deal, since all but one of the data files are removed, and
if the postmaster service is stopped, the directory and last file can be
removed.

Is this a bug?

Re: pg8 beta3 Win32: after dropping db directory is not removed

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
>Hi,
>
>Most (but not all) of the time when I drop a database I receive the
>following warning:
>
>WARNING:  could not remove database directory "c:/program
>files/PostgreSQL/8.0.0-beta3-dev1/data/base/XXXXX"
>
>Where XXXXX is the directory name of for the database being
>dropped.  It's
>not a really big deal, since all but one of the data files are
>removed, and
>if the postmaster service is stopped, the directory and last
>file can be
>removed.
>
>Is this a bug?

Yes, this looks like a known issue that is fixed in current CVS, but not
in any of the released betas.

(By the way, there is a beta-4 out there to test. it doesn't contain
this fix, but several others are in there)

//Magnus