Tables and Indexes

From
MaRCeLO PeReiRA
Date:
Hi guys,

Is there a way I can separate things in PostgreSQL?
Putting tables in a disk partition and indexes in
another one?????

Regards,

MaRcELo PeReiRa
PHP/SQL/PostgreSQL

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Tables and Indexes

From
"Patrick Fiche"
Date:
Hi,

I think that TABLESPACE is what you need...
It's now available in Postgresql, just look at the syntax in documentation.

-----------------
> Patrick Fiche
> email : patrick.fiche@aqsacom.com
> tél : 01 69 29 36 18
-----------------

Is there a way I can separate things in PostgreSQL?
Putting tables in a disk partition and indexes in
another one?????

Regards,

MaRcELo PeReiRa
PHP/SQL/PostgreSQL

http://mail.yahoo.com

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Protected by Polesoft Lockspam
http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Re: Tables and Indexes

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Patrick Fiche wrote:
Hi,

I think that TABLESPACE is what you need...
It's now available in Postgresql, just look at the syntax in documentation.
Actually it is only available in Beta. You will have to wait a little while longer for stable release.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

-----------------
Patrick Fiche
email : patrick.fiche@aqsacom.com
tél : 01 69 29 36 18
-----------------

Is there a way I can separate things in PostgreSQL?
Putting tables in a disk partition and indexes in
another one?????

Regards,

MaRcELo PeReiRa
PHP/SQL/PostgreSQL

http://mail.yahoo.com

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Protected by Polesoft Lockspam
http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

              http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Tables and Indexes

From
MaRCeLO PeReiRA
Date:
Hi,

Even in Beta, it is just fine to me!

When I create a index, the tablespace used is the
table's tablespace, unless I use the tablespace clause
to put it in another one. It is ok, I have read
documentation and learned that.

I was looking for a default configuration, so ALL the
indexes created will be put in a tablespace, and the
tables in another one, without using tablespace
clause. So, I start the postmaster, create two
tablespaces, configure it to put some things in one,
and some other things in another, and after that I
create my tables, indexes and view the natural way.

(hey, how many times did I write the word 'tablespace'
in this e-mail??? hehehhe)

Regards,

Marcelo

 --- "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>