Outliers of data

From
Robert Fitzpatrick
Date:
I have a project where it is necessary to determine Outliers of lab
results and looking for some pointers on the best way to handle this
type of calculation with PostgreSQL. Possibly an operator? I have no
experience with that. I found some info on the web for calculating
Outliers, here is one of them...

http://cc.uoregon.edu/cnews/spring2000/outliers.html

--
Robert

Re: [real] Outliers of data

From
Don Isgitt

Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:

>I have a project where it is necessary to determine Outliers of lab
>results and looking for some pointers on the best way to handle this
>type of calculation with PostgreSQL. Possibly an operator? I have no
>experience with that. I found some info on the web for calculating
>Outliers, here is one of them...
>
>http://cc.uoregon.edu/cnews/spring2000/outliers.html

Hi Robert,

You may want to consider the R language interface (pl/R); R (the
language) has great tools for detecting and operating on outliers.

Don