CVS broken?

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
Since last evening (Sun 10 Oct), running "cvs update" has produced
numerous errors like the following:

cvs update: Updating config
cvs update: cannot open directory /projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/config: No such file or directory
cvs update: skipping directory config
cvs update: Updating contrib
cvs update: cannot open directory /projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/contrib: No such file or directory
cvs update: skipping directory contrib

CVS was working earlier Sunday afternoon.  Is something broken or being
worked on?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: CVS broken?

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: CVS broken?

Date:
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> Since last evening (Sun 10 Oct), running "cvs update" has produced
> numerous errors like the following:
> cvs update: Updating config
> cvs update: cannot open directory /projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/config: No such file or directory

You'll need to make a fresh checkout.  See recent discussion in
pghackers about renaming pgsql-server back to pgsql.

(The last time we did this, some people played games with editing their
CVS/Repository files, but a fresh checkout seems saner to me ...)

            regards, tom lane

Re: CVS broken?

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 05:22:29PM +0300, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> I think you should use pgsql instead of pgsql-server as the module name,
> per http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-10/msg00355.php .

Thanks -- I'm not subscribed to pgsql-hackers but I probably should be.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/