problem with pg_restore

From
Alexander Cohen
Date:
I cant seem to get pg_restore to work for me.

here's how im calling it:

It keeps on telling me that the database <dbname> does not exist so it
cant connect to it. I thought the -C flag creates the database, what am
i missing here?

Thanks

Alex

Re: problem with pg_restore

Date:
Alexander Cohen <alex@toomuchspace.com> writes:

> It keeps on telling me that the database <dbname> does not exist so it
> cant connect to it. I thought the -C flag creates the database, what am
> i missing here?

It does, but you have to connect somewhere first so you can issue the
CREATE DATABASE command.  I think the common approach is to use "-d template1"
in combination with -C.

            regards, tom lane