Hi:

After upgrading 7.4.2 to 7.4.5 quite smoothly in a Red Hat 8.0 box, we
are having intermitent issues with certain online PHP transactions,
returning this error:

"Warning: pg_exec() query failed: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block"

Half the times we run the query we get the error, the other half it works.

Any ideas? Thanks.

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 07:54:23AM +0200, ruben wrote:

> After upgrading 7.4.2 to 7.4.5 quite smoothly in a Red Hat 8.0 box, we
> are having intermitent issues with certain online PHP transactions,
> returning this error:
>
> "Warning: pg_exec() query failed: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
> commands ignored until end of transaction block"

Some previous query in this transaction has failed.  Are there other
error messages before this one?  What queries preceded the one that
gives this error?

> Half the times we run the query we get the error, the other half it works.

By "half" do you mean exactly 50% of the time, or are you approximating?
Can you identify anything common to the successful transactions that's
different from the failed transactions?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until

From
"ruben20@superguai.com"
Hi Michael:

Michael Fuhr wrote:

>>After upgrading 7.4.2 to 7.4.5 quite smoothly in a Red Hat 8.0 box, we
>>are having intermitent issues with certain online PHP transactions,
>>returning this error:
>>
>>"Warning: pg_exec() query failed: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
>>commands ignored until end of transaction block"
>

> Some previous query in this transaction has failed.  Are there other
> error messages before this one?  What queries preceded the one that
> gives this error?

Yes, there is some incompatibility between 7.4.2 and 7.4.5 with INT type
comparisons, not allowing (7.4.5) something like "WHERE int_field = ''",
so the same transaction failed before the error reported with this one:

Warning: pg_exec() query failed: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""

>>Half the times we run the query we get the error, the other half it works.
>
> By "half" do you mean exactly 50% of the time, or are you approximating?
> Can you identify anything common to the successful transactions that's
> different from the failed transactions?

I was approximating. The transaction is exactly the same, I just click
on "UPDATE" button on the web browser and sometimes it worked and
sometimes not.

Thanks a lot.
Ruben.