Cursors and JDBC

From
Wiebe de Jong

I am trying to implement cursors using JDBC connector version 7.1b5 (postgresql-7.1b5.jar), but can’t get it to work.

Could anybody suggest the proper way to do it, or even some source code? I am stuck with this version and can’t change it.

Thanks

Wiebe de Jong

Re: Cursors and JDBC

From
Kris Jurka

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Wiebe de Jong wrote:

> I am trying to implement cursors using JDBC connector version 7.1b5
> (postgresql-7.1b5.jar), but can't get it to work.

Before saying anything else, I have to tell you to get off 7.1, especially
a beta version of it.

The first JDBC driver to have cursor support was the 7.4 series.  It has
been tested for backward compatibility to 7.2, but not 7.1.  That said I
believe it should work against a 7.1 server.  So download a 7.4 jar file
from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html and see this documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/jdbc-query.html#JDBC-QUERY-WITH-CURSOR

Kris Jurka