compiler for functions

From
Dennis Gearon
Date:
The postgres engine saves the function bodies, at least, without removing the carriage returns.

Could it be changed to report the LINE within the function body that has the problem, based on the carriage return?

I don't have an editor that counts characters within a document, but even if I did, Postgres doesn't consistently use
thatto say where the error is. It sometimes uses characters within a line,sometimes characters within the document.

Re: compiler for functions

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 07:20:33AM -0700, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> The postgres engine saves the function bodies, at least, without removing
> the carriage returns.
>
> Could it be changed to report the LINE within the function body that has
> the problem, based on the carriage return?

This works as of 7.4 ...

"In Europe they call me Niklaus Wirth; in the US they call me Nickel's worth.
That's because in Europe they call me by name, and in the US by value!"