Questions about Postgresql 8.0

From
John Allgood
Date:
Hello All

    I have been following the list in regards to Postgresql 8.0. I am
very excited about this release and what it brings to the Postgres
World. Our company has been converting from Progress 7.3E Database to
Postgres and one of the things that Progress has is roll-forward
recovery.  I have seen contrib programs that provide that functionality
but I am unsure about the reliability of these programs. I have noticed
that in Postgres 8.0 point in time recovery will be supported and that
is good news. What I am looking for is schedule for an estimate time for
Postgres 8.0 to be released as a final release. I know the developement
cycle is longer with Postgres because of the extensive testing done by
the developers and the beta testers.

Thanks

--
John Allgood - ESC