Clustering postgresql

From
Björn Voigt
Date:
Hello list,

has postgresql the functionality for clustering, load balancing
and failover. I have to setup two redundant web-servers with and
want run a dbms cluster on this machines.

My webapps should only see one dbms, but there should be two
redundant dbms. I know that mysql 4.1 supports this feature, but
mysql is not a ... ;-)  so I want use PostgreSQL

Thanks for your advice

Björn Voigt

Re: Clustering postgresql

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: Clustering postgresql

From
Raoul Buzziol
Date:
Björn Voigt wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> has postgresql the functionality for clustering, load balancing
> and failover. I have to setup two redundant web-servers with and
> want run a dbms cluster on this machines.

I think you have to try replication solution. You can try PGCluster or
master-slave combination Slony-pgpool.

I haven't tried them yet, but in one or two month I need a replication solution,
a multimaster one, and the first thing I'm gonna try is PGCluster.

Raoul