Tsearch2 dump/reload problem

From
Chris Gamache
Date:
PostgreSQL 7.4.2 -

I'm having some serious problems dumping and reloading a database with utilizes
TSearch2.

I've followed the directions to-the-letter for dumping and reloading a DB that
uses TSearch2 ... When I reload and attempt to access the database I find this
in the logs:

ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function 75769893

Here's another kicker: I've dropped the original database that was (at least)
functional.

I didn't apply the regprocedure patch before I dumped. I have since applied the
regprocedure patch to my tsearch2.sql ...

...I'm desperate...

CG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Tsearch2 dump/reload problem

From
Ian Barwick
Date:
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:42:38 -0700 (PDT), Chris Gamache
<cgg007@yahoo.com> wrote:
> PostgreSQL 7.4.2 -
>
> I'm having some serious problems dumping and reloading a database with utilizes
> TSearch2.
>
> I've followed the directions to-the-letter for dumping and reloading a DB that
> uses TSearch2 ... When I reload and attempt to access the database I find this
> in the logs:
>
> ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function 75769893

I _think_ the way round this is to drop all the tsearch2 objects - you
should have an untsearch2.sql file in a contrib directory somewhere
which contains the appropriate statements. This does of course cascade
to tsvector columns, which you will have to recreate and repopulate.

FWIW I put all tsearch-related objects into their own schema, and
recreate this before restoring other data to a fresh database.

HTH

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmail.com

Re: Tsearch2 dump/reload problem

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Check regprocedure_7.4.patch.gz from http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2
It will helps future dump/reload

    Oleg
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Ian Barwick wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:42:38 -0700 (PDT), Chris Gamache
> <cgg007@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > PostgreSQL 7.4.2 -
> >
> > I'm having some serious problems dumping and reloading a database with utilizes
> > TSearch2.
> >
> > I've followed the directions to-the-letter for dumping and reloading a DB that
> > uses TSearch2 ... When I reload and attempt to access the database I find this
> > in the logs:
> >
> > ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function 75769893
>
> I _think_ the way round this is to drop all the tsearch2 objects - you
> should have an untsearch2.sql file in a contrib directory somewhere
> which contains the appropriate statements. This does of course cascade
> to tsvector columns, which you will have to recreate and repopulate.
>
> FWIW I put all tsearch-related objects into their own schema, and
> recreate this before restoring other data to a fresh database.
>
> HTH
>
> Ian Barwick
> barwick@gmail.com

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

    Regards,
        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Date:
--- Ian Barwick <barwick@gmail.com> wrote:

> I _think_ the way round this is to drop all the tsearch2 objects - you
> should have an untsearch2.sql file in a contrib directory somewhere
> which contains the appropriate statements. This does of course cascade
> to tsvector columns, which you will have to recreate and repopulate.
>
> FWIW I put all tsearch-related objects into their own schema, and
> recreate this before restoring other data to a fresh database.

Thank you. Dropping and re-loading tsearch2 objects worked like a charm.

The regprocedure_7.4.patch.gz actually works now! It's a great feature. I wish
I had noticed it sooner. I wonder why it didn't make it into pgsql-announce?

I am still considering your suggestion for putting the tsearch2 objects into
their own schema: Nice and clean.

CG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Tsearch2 dump/reload problem

From
Michal Hlavac
Date:
hello...

I had another problem... I have table with tsvector type.
When I run pg_dump database > file.dat

in the file.dat is in order first declaration of table and after that
declaration of type tsvector...

After psql database < file.dat it returns error:
ERROR:  type "tsvector" does not exist
ERROR:  relation "t_auto_detail_seller" does not exist
ERROR:  relation "t_auto_detail_seller" does not exist

any suggestions???

thanx... hlk

Date:
Michal Hlavac wrote:

 > hello...
 >
 > I had another problem... I have table with tsvector type.
 > When I run pg_dump database > file.dat
 >
 > in the file.dat is in order first declaration of table and after that
 > declaration of type tsvector...
 >
 > After psql database < file.dat it returns error:
 > ERROR:  type "tsvector" does not exist
 > ERROR:  relation "t_auto_detail_seller" does not exist
 > ERROR:  relation "t_auto_detail_seller" does not exist

sorry, solved... there was problem with regprocedure_7.4.patch.gz too...
I had installed patch, but database needs to be reloaded with these steps:
database e.g. hlk

1. shell: dump hlk > hlk.dat
2. psql: drop database hlk; create database hlk;
3. shell: psql hlk < tsearch2.sql
4. shell: psql hlk < hlk.dat
5. shell: pg_dump hlk_new.dat

and after that hlk_new.dat is correct...

hlavki