Data model for Postfix v2

From
John Sidney-Woollett
Date:
Just asking in case anyone has this info...

Does anyone have a complete and working data model that allows Postfix
v2 to lookup domain/user lookups (including virtual domains and users).

I've got mostly working data model cobbled together over a period of
time, but I can't get my config/db model to allow mail forwarding for
local users to a remote mail address (aliasing).

I know that this is just a config issue, but I think the combination of
my data model and lookup table configs (in main.cf) and sql statements
is screwed.

If anyone has a decent model that they'd be willing to share with their
main.cf table lookup entries (that use the db) and the extra .cf files
that detail the sql statements used, could they let me know?

Thanks

John Sidney-Woollett

Re: Data model for Postfix v2

From
Paul Thomas
Date:
On 27/07/2004 08:35 John Sidney-Woollett wrote:
> Just asking in case anyone has this info...
>
> Does anyone have a complete and working data model that allows Postfix
> v2 to lookup domain/user lookups (including virtual domains and users).

Googling came up with

http://www.high5.net/howto/

which explains how to set it up with MySQL. Maybe you could use that as a
starting point?

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for
Business             |
| Computer Consultants         |

Re: Data model for Postfix v2

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: Data model for Postfix v2

From
John Sidney-Woollett
Date:
Thanks for the link - I think I've have seen this before.

I'm really trying to find a definitive covers all bases data model that
will provide the functionality I need. My DB data model/postfix config
is now so butchered that I wanted a "good" data model to start afresh with.

I'll take a fresh look at this, it may provide the answers to my problems.

Thanks for your help.

John Sidney-Woollett

Paul Thomas wrote:

> On 27/07/2004 08:35 John Sidney-Woollett wrote:
>
>> Just asking in case anyone has this info...
>>
>> Does anyone have a complete and working data model that allows Postfix
>> v2 to lookup domain/user lookups (including virtual domains and users).
>

> Googling came up with
>
> http://www.high5.net/howto/
>
> which explains how to set it up with MySQL. Maybe you could use that as
> a starting point?

Re: Data model for Postfix v2

From
John Sidney-Woollett
Date:
I don't have any problem getting postfix to talk to postgres - I just
have a problem getting postfix to do what i want! :)

John Sidney-Woollett

Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

Re: Data model for Postfix v2

From
Marius Andreiana
Date:
On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 08:35 +0100, John Sidney-Woollett wrote:
> Does anyone have a complete and working data model that allows Postfix
> v2 to lookup domain/user lookups (including virtual domains and users).
You know about web-cyradm?
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/
use the same setup, a pam_pgsql.so module (does it exist?) and the pgsql
database for web-cyradm.

--
Marius Andreiana
Galuna - Solutii Linux in Romania

Re: Data model for Postfix v2

From
John Sidney-Woollett
Date:
Did you compile postfix with postgres support?

I use Dovecot as the IMAP server - it is V good, and much easier to
setup that Courier.

John Sidney-Woollett