How to filter on timestamps?

From
"B.W.H. van Beest"
Date:
Gentle people, I don't get it.

I have a table where one of the columns is of type 'TIMESTAMP'

How can I do a query to filter on the TIMESTAMP value, e.g. to obtain
all rows earlier than a certain time stamp?

Regards,

Re: How to filter on timestamps?

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 01:27:29AM +0200, B.W.H. van Beest wrote:

> I have a table where one of the columns is of type 'TIMESTAMP'
>
> How can I do a query to filter on the TIMESTAMP value, e.g. to obtain
> all rows earlier than a certain time stamp?

SELECT ... WHERE timestamp_field < 'certain timestamp';

You may need an explicit cast to timestamp in the constant, like
cast('certain timestamp' as timestamp)

"El día que dejes de cambiar dejarás de vivir"