Error in postgreSQL

From
José Augusto Tovar
Date:
Hi all,

I´m using postgreSQL in WinME and i had a very strange problem. When i start
the postgres the process postmaster starts, but it stops soon after. So i can´t
use the bd.

Does someone know the problem?

Tks

______________________
José Augusto Tovar

Re: Error in postgreSQL

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
José Augusto Tovar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I´m using postgreSQL in WinME and i had a very strange problem. When i start
> the postgres the process postmaster starts, but it stops soon after. So i can´t
> use the bd.

I don't think PostgreSQL will *ever* have WinME as a recommended
platform. However, if anyone is to help you, you'll need to state which
version(s) of the various packages you installed, where you got them
from, how you installed and what error messages you get.

HTH
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Error in postgreSQL

From
Franco Bruno Borghesi
Date:
you should check the logs, when postmaster dies right after starting it always leaves a helpfull message there.

MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com

José Augusto Tovar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I´m using postgreSQL in WinME and i had a very strange problem. When i
start
> the postgres the process postmaster starts, but it stops soon after. So i
can´t
> use the bd.

Jose,

I work in a Windows shop. We have removed WindowsME from ALL  machines. It
has some really big memory leaks. When applications are closed the RAM they
were using isn't cleared. If you can't go forward to Windows 2000 go back
to Windows 98SE. The leaks are so bad that ME will lock even when running
rountine software such as Excel or Word.

***
Margaret Gillon, IS Dept., Chromalloy Los Angeles, ext. 297