connection parameters

From
Dennis Gearon
Date:
Please CC me.

When I connect to a database from PHP script called from the web via Apache, running on the same machine as the DB,
that'sserver name "localhost", right?

I can't seem to get a php script to connect with the same parameters that I can use using telnet and 'psql'.

Re: connection parameters

From
"Scot L. Harris"
Date:
On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 11:53, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> Please CC me.
>
> When I connect to a database from PHP script called from the web via Apache, running on the same machine as the DB,
that'sserver name "localhost", right?

> I can't seem to get a php script to connect with the same parameters that I can use using telnet and 'psql'.

You probably need to modify your postgresql.conf file to allow TCP
socket connections and also modify the pg_hba.conf file to permit users
from other IP addresses to connect.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@cfl.rr.com

"The Street finds its own uses for technology."
-- William Gibson