Variadic functions in plpgsql?

From
"Florian G. Pflug"
Date:
Hi

I faintly remember that I once stumbled upon a way to declare variadic
functions (functions that take a variable number of arguments) in plpgsql -
but I just searched the docs and can't find any reference to variadic
functions.

So - please enlighten me - are there variadic functions in plpgsql, or are
there none?

greetings, Florian Pflug

Re: Variadic functions in plpgsql?

Date:
"Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
> I faintly remember that I once stumbled upon a way to declare variadic
> functions (functions that take a variable number of arguments) in plpgsql -
> but I just searched the docs and can't find any reference to variadic
> functions.

Nope.  You can sort of kluge around this at the C level (by making
multiple pg_proc entries pointing at the same C function), but there's
no such capability in any PL language.

            regards, tom lane