The pgreplication project

From
Jan Wieck
Date:
Folks,

on the gborg front page is a link to the "pgreplication" project as one
of five "top" projects. This thing has had zero updates since its last
attempts agains PostgreSQL 7.2 and appears literally dead.

Can someone please remove that?

Jan

Re: The pgreplication project

From
Jan Wieck
Date:
I guess I have to address a slightly broader audience, or do I conclude
from the total lack of interest in this matter that nobody cares if we
promote something here as one of our "top five" flagship projects, that
is inactive for years and still a prototype implementation against
PostgreSQL 6.4 with no ideas how to incorporate the semantic changes of
MVCC into the concept.

We might be leaning towards migrating things to pgfoundry, but that does
not mean that we can leave gborg behind as a half plundered wreck where
one by accident might still find something useful.

Jan

Date:
On 6/8/2004 11:49 AM, Robert Treat wrote:

> Well I am working to address the problem, sorry if I am not doing it
> fast enough. I spoke with the gborg maintainer and found out that the
> top 5 is based on page views for a project rather than cvs activity.

Aha ... and let me guess, the algorithm does NOT look at the
Http-Referrer to ignore the hits caused by listing it at the top, right?

> While I've no doubt you've been more active on slony development, I am
> not so sure that pgreplication doesn't get more page views. So, I have
> (just) sent Chris an email asking to reset the stats so we will see
> which project floats to the top, but I think longer term we need a
> "replication guide" listing the different solutions available like we do
> with windows and gui tools up on techdocs. I plan to do that as well,
> just need to find time to work it into the schedule.

Thanks,

Jan

Date: