statement-level statistics are disabled error (postgresql.conf)

From
"Campano, Troy"

Do you know what I did wrong?

Im trying to enable some logging features in postgresql.conf, but now I get this message when I try to connect to the postgresql server

WARNING:  statement-level statistics are disabled because parser, planner, or executor statistics are on

psql: FATAL:  invalid cache id: 30

These are some of the features I’ve turned on:

# RUNTIME STATISTICS

# - Statistics Monitoring -

log_parser_stats = true

log_planner_stats = true

log_executor_stats = true

log_statement_stats = true

# - Query/Index Statistics Collector -

stats_start_collector = true

stats_command_string = true

stats_block_level = true

stats_row_level = true

stats_reset_on_server_start = true

thank you!

Troy Campano

Re: statement-level statistics are disabled error (postgresql.conf)

Date:
"Campano, Troy" <Troy.Campano@LibertyMutual.com> writes:
> psql: FATAL:  invalid cache id: 30

Is this a locally built copy?  If so try a make distclean, reconfigure,
rebuild.  I think you have inconsistent compiled files.

            regards, tom lane

Re: statement-level statistics are disabled error (postgresql.conf)

From
"Campano, Troy"

No luck, did ‘make distclean’, ‘configure’, ‘make’, ‘make install’.
My configure command was: ./configure --prefix=/postgres/pin01s

Get this as an error still:

insomnia.lmig.com: (pin01s)> psql template1 -Upostgres --host=insomnia --port=5433

Password:

WARNING:  statement-level statistics are disabled because parser, planner, or executor statistics are on

psql: FATAL:  invalid cache id: 30

If I have this in my postgresql.conf I get the error:

log_parser_stats = true

log_planner_stats = true

log_executor_stats = true

log_statement_stats = true

…however, if I comment out the parser, planner, and executor status like the warning suggests, restart postgresql, the error goes away:

#log_parser_stats = true

#log_planner_stats = true

#log_executor_stats = true

log_statement_stats = true

Could this be related to this bug?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2004-05/msg00093.php

I am running 7.4.2:
template1=# SELECT VERSION();

                                                 version

 PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.2

Date:
"Campano, Troy" <Troy.Campano@LibertyMutual.com> writes:
> I am running 7.4.2:

Oh, okay, I thought you were talking about CVS tip.

AFAIK, every version of the USERLIMIT code has been broken in one way or
another.  CVS tip has different failure modes, but it's still
fundamentally broken: you can't call superuser() in the postmaster.

            regards, tom lane