unix_socket

From
Tom Allison
Date:
I'm trying to configure postfix to use the postgres database for lookups.

Since I have a localhost based server, I was going to use unix_sockets.

The postgres docs call for only a /directory.

unix_socket_directory (string)

        Specifies the directory of the Unix-domain socket on which the
    server is to listen for connections from client applications. The
    default is normally /tmp, but can be changed at build time.

The postfix docs call for a /directory/name.

               inet: for TCP connections (default).  Example:
                   hosts = host1.some.domain host2.some.domain
                   hosts = unix:/file/name

--------------
How do I get this sorted out so that I can make a unix connection?

Re: unix_socket

Date:
Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> writes:
> I'm trying to configure postfix to use the postgres database for lookups.
> Since I have a localhost based server, I was going to use unix_sockets.

> The postfix docs call for a /directory/name.
>                inet: for TCP connections (default).  Example:
>                    hosts = host1.some.domain host2.some.domain
>                    hosts = unix:/file/name

I suspect you want to say unix:/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
(adjust if you are using a nonstandard port number)

            regards, tom lane

Re: unix_socket

From
Tom Allison
Date:
Tom Allison wrote:
> I'm trying to configure postfix to use the postgres database for lookups.
>
> Since I have a localhost based server, I was going to use unix_sockets.
>
> The postgres docs call for only a /directory.
>
> unix_socket_directory (string)
>
>        Specifies the directory of the Unix-domain socket on which the
>    server is to listen for connections from client applications. The
>    default is normally /tmp, but can be changed at build time.

I found that my Debian installation had unix_socket_directory built to
unix_socket_directory=''
and in order to use sockets, you have to explicitly call it out.