Restricted query

From
Josué Maldonado
Date:
Hello list,

This is an inventory system where some users are restricted to view only
certain suppliers, those restrictions are in a table called pedusers
(username,supplierallowed), there are other kind of "superuser" who are
not restricted, actually I created another table for them (userexcept).
To select restricted rows I use this code:

select *  from prvdor
where prvtiprov = 2 and
prvpk in
(select usr_prvdor from peduser where
usr_login = 'default')

I think I would write this in a return set function instead but I would
like to know others ways to write a SQL sentence to return the rows
according users permission/restrictions.

Thanks in advance for your comments

--
Sinceramente,
Josué Maldonado.

"Vivir sin filosofar es, propiamente, tener los ojos cerrados, sin
tratar de abrirlos jamás." -- Descartes

Re: Restricted query

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
You could use a view and give group rights to a particular view.

Marco Lazzeri wrote:

> And what about restricting UPDATE/DELETE queries too. Can I still use
> VIEWs?

No but that you could use a function for.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Bye
>
> Il mer, 2004-05-19 alle 05:06, Joshua D. Drake ha scritto:
>
>>You could use a view and give group rights to a particular view.
>>
>>Josué Maldonado wrote:
>>

>>>Hello list,
>>>
>>>This is an inventory system where some users are restricted to view only
>>>certain suppliers, those restrictions are in a table called pedusers
>>>(username,supplierallowed), there are other kind of "superuser" who are
>>>not restricted, actually I created another table for them (userexcept).
>>>To select restricted rows I use this code:
>>>
>>>select *  from prvdor
>>>where prvtiprov = 2 and
>>>prvpk in
>>>(select usr_prvdor from peduser where
>>>usr_login = 'default')
>>>

>>>I think I would write this in a return set function instead but I would
>>>like to know others ways to write a SQL sentence to return the rows
>>>according users permission/restrictions.
>>>

>>>Thanks in advance for your comments

>>TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command
>>    (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

Re: Restricted query

From
Marco Lazzeri