Error linking libpq into client program

From
Jim Crate
Date:
I'm trying to build a client program to access a database using the libpq
interface on MacOS X 10.3.3 using CodeWarrior 9.  PostgreSQL is at version
7.4.2.

It compiles ok, but I get a link error.  I have linked to libpq.a, because I got
different errors before I did that.   Here is the error I'm getting right now:

Link Error: undefined: '@_1' (code)
Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a

Re: Error linking libpq into client program

From
Jim Crate
Date:
on 5/5/04, Jim Crate <jcrate@deepskytech.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to build a client program to access a database using the libpq
>interface on MacOS X 10.3.3 using CodeWarrior 9.  PostgreSQL is at version
>7.4.2.
>
>It compiles ok, but I get a link error.  I have linked to libpq.a, because I
got
>different errors before I did that.   Here is the error I'm getting right now:
>
>Link Error: undefined: '@_1' (code)
>Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
>Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
>Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
>Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
>Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
>Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
>Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a

 As an update, I moved the project to Xcode (which uses gcc), and it compiles
and links just fine.  I guess this was just a problem with CW?  Does this work
with other compilers?

Jim Crate
Deep Sky Technologies, Inc.