Anyone interested in a Pittsburgh-area Postgres users' group?

Date:
I've gotten a couple of inquiries lately about a Postgres users' group
in my home town of Pittsburgh PA.  There is not one (unless it's very
well camouflaged) but perhaps there is critical mass to create one.
If you think you might come to meetings of such a group, let me know
off-list.  If I get enough responses I'll set up an initial meeting
and we'll see where it goes ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Anyone interested in a Pittsburgh-area Postgres users'

From
Bill Moran
Tom Lane wrote:
> I've gotten a couple of inquiries lately about a Postgres users' group
> in my home town of Pittsburgh PA.  There is not one (unless it's very
> well camouflaged) but perhaps there is critical mass to create one.
> If you think you might come to meetings of such a group, let me know
> off-list.  If I get enough responses I'll set up an initial meeting
> and we'll see where it goes ...

I'd definately be interested in such a group.  I'd probably make every
meeting.

Don't know if this is relevent or not, but the I'm (supposedly, not
confirmed yet) giving a presentation on Postgres to the SQL users group
sponsored by the Pittsburgh Technology Council some time later in the
fall.  The PTC tends to sponsor a lot of user's groups (like the SQL
user's group, a .NET user's group and a ton of others it appears).  I
don't yet have much experience with how they run these groups, so I
can't say whether there's any advantage/disadvantage to having them
involved.  The only point I'm making is that I have contacts there if
you think it will be helpful.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies