fsync

From
Mark Lubratt
Date:
OK.  I'm getting a little confused.

I have two mirrored SCSI drives on our production server.  For the
safest operation, do I want fsync=true?  Or fsync=false?  Or just the
default?

Thanks!
Mark

Re: fsync

Date:
Mark Lubratt wrote:
> OK.  I'm getting a little confused.
>
> I have two mirrored SCSI drives on our production server.  For the
> safest operation, do I want fsync=true?  Or fsync=false?  Or just the
> default?

fsync has to be true for reliable operation, even with mirrored drives.

Re: fsync

From
Stephen Robert Norris
Date:
On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 06:58, Mark Lubratt wrote:
> OK.  I'm getting a little confused.
>
> I have two mirrored SCSI drives on our production server.  For the
> safest operation, do I want fsync=true?  Or fsync=false?  Or just the
> default?
>
> Thanks!
> Mark

For any sort of recoverability after a crash, you need fsync on. That
should be the default for any sane filesystem build...

    Stephen

Attachment