max table size

From
Alan Carbutt
Date:
Hi all,

I'm running a data warehouse in Postgres and I was wondering what the
max table size is column-wise and row-wise.  I tried to search the lists
and documentation on the http://www.postgresql.org and the search isn't
working.

Alan Carbutt
Systems Administrator/Programmer
Adams State College
719-587-7741
arcarbut@adams.edu

Attachment

Re: max table size

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 07:59:07 -0700,
  Alan Carbutt <arcarbut@adams.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running a data warehouse in Postgres and I was wondering what the
> max table size is column-wise and row-wise.  I tried to search the lists
> and documentation on the http://www.postgresql.org and the search isn't
> working.

The limit on columns is between 250 and 1600 depending on data types in
recent versions of Postgres. I think that rows are only limited by the amount
of disc space available.

Re: max table size

From
Paulovič Michal
Date:
Oficial answer in FAQ:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html#4.6

Alan Carbutt wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm running a data warehouse in Postgres and I was wondering what the
>max table size is column-wise and row-wise.  I tried to search the lists
>and documentation on the http://www.postgresql.org and the search isn't
>working.
>
>Thanks,

Re: max table size