How to Cancel a query ?

From
"Kuldeep Tanna"
Date:
Hi,
 I issued a query from ASP using ADO. The web page after some time showed something similar to a 404 NOT found page. Postgres is still executing the query.
How do I cancel the execution of that query. I tried restarting / stopping postmaster, but pg_ctl gives an error message "Unable to shutdown server"

Thanks,
Kuldeep.

Re: How to Cancel a query ?

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 03:48:00PM -0800, Kuldeep Tanna wrote:
> How do I cancel the execution of that query. I tried restarting /
> stopping postmaster, but pg_ctl gives an error message "Unable to
> shutdown server"

Find the pid of the backend doing the work (you can use psto find it)
and then issue kill -2 <pid>

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
        --Dennis Ritchie