how to catch the error in procedure ?

From
"LitelWang"
Date:
I need catch the error when my insert clause violate the
primary key .How to write in the server function ?
Thanks for any advice .

Re: how to catch the error in procedure ?

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
On Friday 16 January 2004 04:50, LitelWang wrote:
> I need catch the error when my insert clause violate the
> primary key .How to write in the server function ?
> Thanks for any advice .

You can't (at the moment). An error terminates a transaction immediately in
PG's current model.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Re: how to catch the error in procedure ?

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 04:41, Richard Huxton wrote:
> On Friday 16 January 2004 04:50, LitelWang wrote:
> > I need catch the error when my insert clause violate the
> > primary key .How to write in the server function ?
> > Thanks for any advice .
>
> You can't (at the moment). An error terminates a transaction immediately in
> PG's current model.

Didn't someone say this could be implemented in some of the other
pl's... plpython maybe?  Or maybe they were using dblink to make a
separate connection/query... ?

Robert Treat