autocommit in 7.4

From
Christian Traber
Date:
Hi,

thanks for the new great version!

Only one small problem, how can I disable autocommit in Postgres 7.4  in
libpgtcl and psql?
I found something about .psqlrc but how is the syntax and how can I set it
for libpgtcl?

BTW, SET AUTOCOMMIT TO ON still gives no error, only SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF
says ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported.

Thanks and best regards,
Christian

Re: autocommit in 7.4

Date:
Christian Traber <christian@traber-net.de> writes:
> Only one small problem, how can I disable autocommit in Postgres 7.4  in
> libpgtcl and psql?
> I found something about .psqlrc but how is the syntax and how can I set it
> for libpgtcl?

In psql, "\set AUTOCOMMIT off".  In libpgtcl, I think you're out of luck
:-( ... AFAIR no one got around to writing any autocommit control logic
for libpgtcl.  You are of course welcome to write some and send it in if
you need it ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: autocommit in 7.4

From
Christian Traber
Tom Lane wrote:

 > In psql, "\set AUTOCOMMIT off".  In libpgtcl, I think you're out of luck
 > ... AFAIR no one got around to writing any autocommit control logic
 > for libpgtcl.  You are of course welcome to write some and send it in if
 > you need it ...

Ok, I'll try to make it. Do you know any reason why libpgtcl is not
tclstub enabled?
Maybe I 'll try to build it with stubs...

Regards,
Christian

Re: autocommit in 7.4

Date:
Christian Traber <christian@traber-net.de> writes:
> Ok, I'll try to make it. Do you know any reason why libpgtcl is not
> tclstub enabled?

Nobody's done the work (I don't think tclstub even existed the last time
anyone was doing serious work on libpgtcl).  If you think it's worth
having, and it can be done without breaking backwards compatibility with
older Tcl releases, go for it ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: autocommit in 7.4

From