downloading latest source from cvs

From
"Relaxin"
Date:
I'm using Windows and I want to download the lastest beta source (7.4).
I read that I need to use the WIN32_DEV tag.

How do I do this if I'm using Wincvs, I know how to download from the
postgrsql cvs.

I use the following command:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot co -P
pgsql

But how do you tell it that I only want what's tagged as WIN32_DEV?

Thanks

Re: downloading latest source from cvs

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
-r

Relaxin wrote:
> I'm using Windows and I want to download the lastest beta source (7.4).
> I read that I need to use the WIN32_DEV tag.
>
> How do I do this if I'm using Wincvs, I know how to download from the
> postgrsql cvs.
>
> I use the following command:
> cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot co -P
> pgsql
>
> But how do you tell it that I only want what's tagged as WIN32_DEV?
>
> Thanks

I think you need -rWIN32_DEV

> I think you need -rWIN32_DEV

ok, I did as you suggested and I got only and everything that was tagged as
WIN32_DEV, but I still have the following errors when compiling using the
bcc32.mak file:

try to compile the libpq library with
bcc32.mak under bcb5, but have some problems when linked.
The problems are about :
1._pqGethostbyname
2._pqStrerror
can't referenced.

Relaxin wrote:

> > Relaxin wrote:
> > > But how do you tell it that I only want what's tagged as WIN32_DEV?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> >"Bruce Momjian" <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote in message
> > I think you need -rWIN32_DEV
>
> ok, I did as you suggested and I got only and everything that was tagged as
> WIN32_DEV, but I still have the following errors when compiling using the
> bcc32.mak file:
>
> try to compile the libpq library with
> bcc32.mak under bcb5, but have some problems when linked.
> The problems are about :
> 1._pqGethostbyname
> 2._pqStrerror
> can't referenced.

Oh, WIN32_DEV is just for server Win32 development.  Beta3 or CVS
snapshot will give you a working win32 client end.

Re: downloading latest source from cvs

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 10:57:20AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Relaxin wrote:

> > try to compile the libpq library with
> > bcc32.mak under bcb5, but have some problems when linked.
>
> Oh, WIN32_DEV is just for server Win32 development.  Beta3 or CVS
> snapshot will give you a working win32 client end.

You can use

cvs update -r HEAD

to get the latest tree for testing, outside WIN32_DEV.

"God is real, unless declared as int"