NULL sorts as largest?

From
"Dmitri Bichko"
Date:
I am noticing that null values come out as the largest value when
sorting on a field (or last with ASC and first with DESC).  Is there any
way to change this behaviour?  It's somewhat strange to do a descending
sort on a column and get all the stuff that's not there first.

Thanks,
Dmitri

Re: NULL sorts as largest?

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Tue, 27 May 2003, Dmitri Bichko wrote:

> I am noticing that null values come out as the largest value when
> sorting on a field (or last with ASC and first with DESC).  Is there any
> way to change this behaviour?  It's somewhat strange to do a descending
> sort on a column and get all the stuff that's not there first.

I think the best you can do is ordering by field is [not] null first and
then by the field (choosing not depending on the sort order you want).