connect to postgres server without internet connection with php script

From
Reynard Hilman
Date:
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to connect to a postgres server without TCP/IP connection
from a php script (ie: using unix domain socket) ?
If php cannot do this, do I have to use libpq C library? or is there any
other way to do it?

thanks,
- reynard

Re: connect to postgres server without internet connection with php script

From
Thomas Beutin
Date:
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 03:44:36PM -0500, Reynard Hilman wrote:
> Is it possible to connect to a postgres server without TCP/IP connection
> from a php script (ie: using unix domain socket) ?
Yes, php its doing this by default (no hostname in the connect string)
on my linux box.

Greetings,
-tb
--
Thomas Beutin                             tb@laokoon.IN-Berlin.DE
Beam me up, Scotty. There is no intelligent live down in Redmond.

Re: connect to postgres server without internet connection

From
"scott.marlowe"
Date:
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Reynard Hilman wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Is it possible to connect to a postgres server without TCP/IP connection
> from a php script (ie: using unix domain socket) ?
> If php cannot do this, do I have to use libpq C library? or is there any
> other way to do it?

On the same box, yes.  Just don't include a host entry in your connect
function:

$conn = pg_connect("user=bubba dbname=bo_bob_brain");

should work.

Re: connect to postgres server without internet connection

From
Reynard Hilman

>Yes, php its doing this by default (no hostname in the connect string)
>on my linux box.
>
>Greetings,
>-tb

Yes, it works. I didn't expect the answer is that simple.
thanks everyone,

- reynard